Monday, September 20, 2010

O For A Heart To Praise My God (A New Favorite)

O for a heart to praise my God,
A heart from sin set free,
A heart that always feels Thy blood
So freely shed for me.


A heart resigned, submissive, meek,
My great Redeemer’s throne,
Where only Christ is heard to speak,
Where Jesus reigns alone.


A humble, lowly, contrite, heart,
Believing, true and clean,
Which neither life nor death can part
From Christ who dwells within.


A heart in every thought renewed
And full of love divine,
Perfect and right and pure and good,
A copy, Lord, of Thine.


Thy tender heart is still the same,
And melts at human woe:
Jesus, for thee distressed I am,
I want Thy love to know.


My heart, Thou know’st, can never rest
Till Thou create my peace;
Till of mine Eden repossest,
From self, and sin, I cease.


Fruit of Thy gracious lips, on me
Bestow that peace unknown,
The hidden manna, and the tree
Of life, and the white stone.


Thy nature, gracious Lord, impart;
Come quickly from above;
Write Thy new name upon my heart,
Thy new, best name of Love.


Click this link to hear how it goes!

2 comments:

House of Gray said...

Oh, thank you so much for sharing!
Although I couldn't hear the song, I have a tune in mind, and am thrilled to meditate on these words today...It's just what I needed!
It's perfect to go along with the attitude of heart/mind I'm working on lately!

Love you, Sweet Friend,
K~

Alyssa Scott said...

I am glad it as blessed you so! I too am wanting a heart to praise my God! I was just browsing around in the hymnal the other night reading to words to hymns I don't know when I came upon this one. I just fell in love! I don't really know how it goes either so, maybe we can just put it to a different tune! ;) Love and miss you so much! ~Lyss

My photo
Born and raised in North East Florida I am the oldest of four and a graduated homeschooler. My family and I moved to East Tennessee in the summer of 2007 (the beginning of my senior year of high-school). First and foremost, I am an unworthy sinner that was shown the ugliness of sin, and my gracious Heavenly Father brought me to repentance (James 4:6-10) and now by His Grace I am being sanctified. Now I am a young woman striving to serve my God and Savior Jesus Christ. I long for a stronger walk with Him. ~ Semper Reformanda and Solo Scriptura

Followers